Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's Not Exactly Tea

But hey it's something! I had a rush of orders last night over on Pinpinn which was all very exciting till I took serious stock of my felt supply and realized alot of my "basics" are either gone or REALLY low.

Crap! I don't want to put in a rush order and I love to browse my particular store for felty goodness but this for one reason or another sent me into a bit of a crisis mode. I really would love to order one of every single color, but it's hard enough to keep track of the shades I have sometimes (without referring to my spreadsheet) especially once I start working with a sheet of felt and it gets moved to different spots on my craft table. My felt organization leaves something to be desired. I really should look into an open drawer system as I can't be bothered to put away a piece of felt that I "might" just happen to need. You know how it is.
There for a while I was determined to use up exactly what I had in stock and I've done really well at doing just that......maybe too well because now I'm flat out of black. That's like a staple!

But as it's pouring buckets here and I'm debating on how wet I want to get going to the gym tonight I think it's safe to assume that I'll be staying inside, making lasagna and working on those 8 dog ornaments instead.

Oh and ordering felt of course.

2 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I had to laugh at your spreadsheet of felt colors.... You would be horrified if you saw my stockpile of supplies. Jimmy Hoffa could be in there and I'd never know it until I stumbled over him one day.

Hooray for the orders! And hooray for lasagna! What time should I be over?

Anonymous said...

MMMmmmmm lasagna! That would distract me seriously from working!! I have to drive 50 miles to get the ecofelt I -- oops, I mean, 'the cats' -- use for their toys so when I run out it's a disaster too! So I usually stock up BIG TIME when I go...and put in a little shopping...and some lunch....and.....
hurray for your spreadsheet! I'm an organizer too, it's the only way I can function during busy times.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...