Friday, July 25, 2014

The Feather Quilt (Part 5)

Allison's Feather Quilt 2014

Check it out!  The Feather Quilt is all quilted up!

Thanks to Missouri Star Quilt Co. for doing another fabulous job and staying true to their turn around time.  I haven't measured the quilt since I've got it back, but I swear I lost about 2 inches on all sides from the density in the quilting.  While I'm not nuts over how the quilting pattern turned out (the loops were alot closer together than I thought they'd be) it will work out for the best.  Quilts that will see lots of use and wear should be quilted more densely than, for example, a wall hanging.

I'm trying to decide if I'll bind it in the backing fabric or do a scrappy binding from left over fabric remnants.  I'll need to sit down and look at it first, but that also means I'll need to clean my floor of all the thread bits again.  I've been going back and forth about washing this one before giving it away.  I wash 90% of all my quilts before gifting them mostly because I'm paranoid of stitching pulling out or colors running. Since this quilt is dominated by white space, it's probably in my best interest to wash it prior to wrapping it up. This means I'll be throwing in 5+ SHOUT color catcher sheets to make sure the white stays white.

This quilt's absolute completion date is set for August 22nd.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...